Welcome to the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Paducah/McCracken County!
We ourselves must be full of
if we are going to make
fuller for others.
- David Sawyer
Feeling lost ...
in a sea of opportunities ...
Your RSVP can help you ...
navigate it all!
We are here to help
The Impact and Benefits of Serving
- Help Your Community – Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdon and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help Yourself – Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make A Difference – Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
- Save Money for the Organizations You Serve – By donating your time and skills, you help make funds go farther for ogranizations that address critical needs in your community.
- Complete an one-time “RSVP Volunteer Interest Form” and the “RSVP Enrollment Form” to register you as a member of the RSVP program. The application will request information for the volunteer supplemental insurance coverage and your desire to receive reimbursement of travel and meals.
- “RSVP Volunteer Handbook” for more information.
- Are covered by free Volunteer Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance protection.
- Want to make a difference in their communities.
- Are at least 55 years of age and serve in Paducah/McCracken County.
- Receive Placement Services – members can choose from a wide range of volunteer opportunities in many different agencies, hospitals and schools.
- Gain membership in a national organization that supports volunteerism.
- May attend the annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet.
- Receive the quarterly RSVP newsletter.
Latest News and Updates
2 days ago
The Neurology Group is hosting a 5K Fund Run this Saturday (10/25/14) and is in need of volunteers of any age to guard runners passing through crossroads. All volunteers will be given a special t-shirt with orientation beginning at 7:30 am and the event is expected to finish around 10:00 a.m. To learn more about this event, or to sign up, please contact Leslie in the RSVP office at 270-442-8993 or firstname.lastname@example.org. [...]
1 week ago
The RSVP and EHOMES (Elderly Homeowner Maintenance and Everyday Safety) program will be holding two "Make a Difference Day" projects: 1. 10/18/14 - Assisting with building a wheelchair ramp for a low-income senior citizen, here in Paducah. The event begins at 8 am and should be finished around noon. 2. 10/25/14 - Changing smoke detector batteries. RSVP volunteers will meet at a designated location at 8 am and carpool to various homes of low-income senior citizens. Volunteers[...]
1 week ago
Baptist Health Development Center will be holding their Fall Festival on Thursday, October 23rd from 5 – 7pm. We need volunteers with dogs (trained and with current vaccinations) to help children read to the dogs. If you have a gentle dog who is good with children and would like to volunteer two hours of your time, please call Leslie at the RSVP office at (270)442-8993 or email email@example.com.[...]
2 months ago
Volunteers are needed to work the kitchen counter at the Paducah Senior Center. Duties include: setting out utensils, wiping tables, and preparing coffee and other drinks. A free lunch is provided for serving at least four hours per day. If you are available and weekday from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, please call the Senior Center at 270-442-8993, or email Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Training for this position will be provided.[...]
2 months ago
Reidland Middle School needs monitors to watch the door for parents during their after school program. Hours are from 2:10 pm - 4:30 pm on Monday and Wednesdays. This job requires no standing and you are encouraged to bring a book, crochet project, or something to occupy your time while monitoring the door. Please call the office at 270-442-8993 to learn more about this, or email Leslie at email@example.com.[...]