Welcome to the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Paducah/McCracken County!
We ourselves must be full of
if we are going to make
fuller for others.
- David Sawyer
Feeling lost ...
in a sea of opportunities ...
Your RSVP can help you ...
navigate it all!
We are here to help
The Impact and Benefits of Serving
- Help Your Community – Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdon and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help Yourself – Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make A Difference – Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
- Save Money for the Organizations You Serve – By donating your time and skills, you help make funds go farther for ogranizations that address critical needs in your community.
- Complete an one-time “RSVP Volunteer Interest Form” and the “RSVP Enrollment Form” to register you as a member of the RSVP program. The application will request information for the volunteer supplemental insurance coverage and your desire to receive reimbursement of travel and meals.
- “RSVP Volunteer Handbook” for more information.
- Are covered by free Volunteer Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance protection.
- Want to make a difference in their communities.
- Are at least 55 years of age and serve in Paducah/McCracken County.
- Receive Placement Services – members can choose from a wide range of volunteer opportunities in many different agencies, hospitals and schools.
- Gain membership in a national organization that supports volunteerism.
- May attend the annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet.
- Receive the quarterly RSVP newsletter.
Latest News and Updates
2 weeks ago
It is that time of year again – Quilt Week! RSVP volunteers did such an amazing job over the last few years, we have been asked back to help again! This is a GREAT volunteer opportunity requiring NO skill – you will only have to sit in a chair to block the emergency exits from being used in a non-emergency situation – that’s all! This is one of the biggest events this year and so[...]
2 months ago
Thank you to the RSVP crochet class for making rugs to donate to the McCracken County Humane Society! These rugs will be given to cats waiting for their forever homes at the shelter. Each rug has a crochet tassel attached to help keep these kitties occupied. If you want to learn how to make a rug for shelter cats and dogs, please contact the RSVP office at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.[...]
3 months ago
Paducah Cooperative Ministries (PCM) is in need of volunteers with cooking experience for the "Fresh Start" program. Fresh Start began in 2013 and is a residential facility for women recently released from incarceration looking to make positive changes in their lives. Volunteers are needed from 9 am until 4 pm to help monitor residents and help prepare lunches. All volunteers will receive a free meal for their service each day. Fresh Start will work around the[...]
4 months ago
It is that time of year again! We had some wonderful RSVP volunteers last year help us bring some holiday cheer to the Head Start students. We are very proud to say we have bought enough books for Head Start and Paducah Day Nursery – the most we have ever done! If you want to help read to the children while they wait for Santa, please meet the RSVP staff at the following locations and times[...]