Welcome to the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Paducah/McCracken County!
We ourselves must be full of
if we are going to make
fuller for others.
- David Sawyer
Feeling lost ...
in a sea of opportunities ...
Your RSVP can help you ...
navigate it all!
We are here to help
The Impact and Benefits of Serving
- Help Your Community – Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdon and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help Yourself – Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make A Difference – Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
- Save Money for the Organizations You Serve – By donating your time and skills, you help make funds go farther for ogranizations that address critical needs in your community.
- Complete an one-time “RSVP Volunteer Interest Form” and the “RSVP Enrollment Form” to register you as a member of the RSVP program. The application will request information for the volunteer supplemental insurance coverage and your desire to receive reimbursement of travel and meals.
- “RSVP Volunteer Handbook” for more information.
- Are covered by free Volunteer Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance protection.
- Want to make a difference in their communities.
- Are at least 55 years of age and serve in Paducah/McCracken County.
- Receive Placement Services – members can choose from a wide range of volunteer opportunities in many different agencies, hospitals and schools.
- Gain membership in a national organization that supports volunteerism.
- May attend the annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet.
- Receive the quarterly RSVP newsletter.
Latest News and Updates
1 month ago
Volunteers are needed to work the kitchen counter at the Paducah Senior Center. Duties include: setting out utensils, wiping tables, and preparing coffee and other drinks. A free lunch is provided for serving at least four hours per day. If you are available and weekday from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, please call the Senior Center at 270-442-8993, or email Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Training for this position will be provided.[...]
1 month ago
Reidland Middle School needs monitors to watch the door for parents during their after school program. Hours are from 2:10 pm - 4:30 pm on Monday and Wednesdays. This job requires no standing and you are encouraged to bring a book, crochet project, or something to occupy your time while monitoring the door. Please call the office at 270-442-8993 to learn more about this, or email Leslie at email@example.com.[...]
1 month ago
The RSVP will be sponsoring a trip for ACTIVE RSVP volunteers at a conference in Louisville, Ky, September 16-17. A $10 registration fee will include all meals, transportation, conference registration and hotel. We only have 10 seats left! For more information, call or email the RSVP office to get a registration form and list of workshops. *You must have hours recorded by the RSVP office (270-442-8993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ) - if you are not[...]
2 months ago
The Paducah Salvation Army, located at 3100 Irvin Cobb Dr., is in desperate need of volunteers to help sort and stock clothing, as well as other items. Currently the Salvation Army store does not have ANY volunteers and are struggling to accommodate more clients in need of their services. If you, or you know of anyone age 18 or older, please contact the RSVP office at (270)442-8993 for more information.[...]
5 months ago
It is that time of year again – Quilt Week! RSVP volunteers did such an amazing job over the last few years, we have been asked back to help again! This is a GREAT volunteer opportunity requiring NO skill – you will only have to sit in a chair to block the emergency exits from being used in a non-emergency situation – that’s all! This is one of the biggest events this year and so[...]